The NHCN Membership office is responsible for maintaining the NHCN Registry list and Band membership list. Please ensure our office has all pertinent information such as your address, any change in marital status, name, and SIN numbers.
Forms available at our office
- Canada Child Tax Benefits (CCTB)
- Canada Pensions, Old Age Security, Survivors Allowance
- Vital Stats Forms such as Birth, Marriage, Death applications, Joint request, Legal change of name
- AANDC Forms such as Estates, treaty annuity payments, registration for adults/children, and Will kits.
- NHCN Membership application forms for Bill C31 and band transfer
- Income Tax Packages
- Other forms can be accessed through this office and we are available to assist the membership in filling out the above named forms.
- Our office can issue a marriage license. A fee is $100.00 and non-refundable. 2 pieces of IDs are required for each applicant plus any additional documentation of current marital status.
Commissioner for Oaths
(for the Province of Manitoba)
- WE HAVE NO AUTHORITY UNDER MANITOBA TO CERTIFY COPIES AS TRUE COPIES.
Identification is required and the document MUST be signed at the time of this service.
PLEASE NOTE - Lloyd Flett at the Community Council office is a Notary Public.
Will / Safe Keeping
Personal File Updates
Please ensure this office has all pertinent information as to your STATUS and EVENTS as a NHCN REGISTERED person of NHCN BAND member such as address, any change in marital status, SIN, Custody documents etc…
Provide Statistics Monthly & Yearly
Registration for Children
Parental Statement forms are available in our office or the AANDC office in Wpg.
- REQUIRED a long form birth certificate – or NO treaty number will be given.
- Signature of parents and parents’ information such as legal names, registration number and place of birth.
Registration for Adults
Forms are available, entitlement applications before April 17, 1985 are sent to Ottawa headquarters for processing.
- Long form birth certificate
- Knowledge of parents and grandparents’ information such as legal names, registration number and which band they belong to.
YOU DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME A BAND MEMBER YOU MUST CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR AN APPLICATION FORM FORYOUR CHILD OR YOURSELF