Mission / Vision / Values:
To serve the Community by protecting life, property and the environment through prevention, education and fire protection services, to provide optimum emergency and non-emergent pre-hospital care to the Community. Our vision is to enhance the quality of life of residents of the Community by embracing community interests, needs and concerns for a safe and healthy environment, and to protect lives. Both Fire Protection and EMS operates as an “on-call” basis 24/7.
Emergency Medical Services
- Established in April 1998, fully Licensed Provincial Ambulance Service.
- First established as an EMR Level (Basic First Aid)
- 2007, Paramedic training was brought into the Community sponsored by Manitoba Health and the Burntwood Regional Health Authority. Graduated 7 Paramedic (NHCN Members), since then been operating an Ambulance Service at a Basic Life Support Level
- Operated as a non-professional Fire Department until in 2005 Fire Fighters gain Level 1 Certified Training. 4 Firefighters are currently certified.
- DNR provided training in level one Wild Land Firefighting. 13 Firefighters are currently Certified
- Training and equipment were purchased to establish specialized rescue training in:
- 2006 – Vehicle Extrication
- 2009 – Ground Search and Rescue
- 2010 – Surface Water Rescue
- 2010 – Surface Ice Rescue
- 2006 – NHCN purchased its second state of the art Fire Truck.
- 2011 – NHCN purchased a second hand Ambulance retrofitted and used as a Fire Support Vehicle. Equipment:
- Two (2) Ambulances (New 2010)
- Located @ Paupanekis Point Rd