Parks and Recreation Division
NHCN Parks and Recreation will provide recreational, cultural, educational and development opportunities to the community through the delivery of physical, social and traditional programs in a safe and healthy environment.
Statement of Values
- We believe in demonstrating good leadership skills and good role modeling.
- We believe that volunteers are an essential and valuable resource.
- We are sensitive to the ideas and suggestions of the people we serve.
- We encourage and promote the benefits of recreation.
- We believe in good sportsmanship and fair play is essential to healthy growth.
- We care about the people we serve.
- We are committed to delivering positive recreation programs and active living.
- We are committed to delivering positive education, training and employment for our youth and young adults.
- We respect, honour and promote the traditional lifestyles of our community.
- We encourage and support community groups in becoming independent.
- We believe in an open interactive and supportive community network.
- To provide annual sport oriented programs to meet the needs of our community of all ages.
- To enhance and/or develop community members’ social skills through the implementation of community gatherings, team building and special events.
- To acquire and provide training and education opportunities for the community in the areas of recreation, youth leadership, science and technology.
- To promote and provide annual traditional special events, activities and celebrations through recreational activities and tourism.
- To promote, support and participate in partnership with community resources.
- To promote, educate and deliver a clean, safe and healthy environment for the community of Norway House.
For further information, please contact